Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Valentine's Day Blind Date

                He left me a message. I listened to his voice over the line. I didn’t hear what he said. I felt it. Tones full of energy and light. Smiles and lips. I could…feel his lips as a part of his message. His voice was filled with promise and delight. He was black. I could tell by that tone. You know that big beautiful melanated tone we have over the phone. Its something deep within the diaphragm that utters a native frequency that sends an alert…ahem….for me to flirt. So! I sent him a message right back. Yeah I’m here and you sound cool as hell, I been workin all day I need massaged well. My body is brown and I’m so down. I even waited for my baby daddy in jail, I gave him 250 when he needed bail. I took out the dogs and collected the mail. Oh…that’s too much information on our first phone conversation.(me) What you doing anyway? On this phone so late. He told me about his travels and how he marvels at the world. And how theres so much more our there that he wants to unfurl…with this girl? Boy please, gon and send me a text. See If we can hold these good vibes from one day to the next.
                I texted in the shower, and he texted on the street. I texted by the hour and wished that we could meet. He looked me up on Facebook and said how good I looked. Now I didn’t look him up, if I like his personality, why should I be shook? I didn’t know when I would see him next. But it was actually initiated by a text. We danced around the topic of Valentines and such. But I had to cut him off, he was talking too much. "Sure I can come over."
               I arrived at the front door and remember I still don’t know what he looks like I coulda looked him up but look at the level of excite-ment and anticipation! We live in a nation where our questions are answered in immediate manifestation. But I had to be patient and use my other senses. Ones that no camera pic would hide with defenses. After one minute or four. He still hadn’t come to the door. Then I turned by back to start down the walk…but that’s when I heard the lock. I stopped. And waited for the voice that I knew. He said you gonna give me the back of the head view? I couldn’t turn around yet but I giggled too. He turned himself too so we could be back to back and peeked and took a look and this brotha didn’t lack…in the back…he was built like a tall stack…it was gonna be hard, not to let him break my back.
So on the count of three we turned around and gave a big hug. So this was the dude on the phone that I dug. This is the man who deserved my valentine delight. He said he was okay with me staying spending the night.

Of Course He Is!!! Right?!!!!!

Part 2 coming soon. Share to get more page views, so you can get the rest of the news.

@hoteptheartist
IG hoteptheartist
hoteptheartist@gmail.com
FB: Hotep Artist

...connect now....

No comments:

Post a Comment