Saturday, January 5, 2013

Only human- Epiphane

You're only human. You don't have to have it together every minute of every day.

I wanted to post a quote on Twitter yesterday morning that would express some of the things on my mind (especially because the first week of the new year is coming to a close) and that one was perfect!

As a woman who knows she is meant to accomplish a lot with the time God has granted her, remembering that 'only human' part is difficult. How am I taking advantage of 'every minute of every day' to ensure my success? Failing sure as hell isn't an option. However, that doesn't mean there won't be tough times and it doesn't mean I'm not going to make mistakes. Those tough times and mistakes made are all part of the story, and most importantly, all happen to make me human.

To be honest, I honestly do try to have it together all the time. My friends and family (who interact/speak with me often) would probably tell you the same. This is true mostly because little ol' me is attempting to be all things to all people, which makes time hard to keep track of. Because I have been doing it for so long, I am pretty good at juggling it all, but that doesn't mean I should. Me time is definitely worked into my schedule (and I believe everyone should have that time to themselves), but I need to disengage more often. For example, no Twitter or Facebook or turning off my phone for a weekend.

This year, I vow to remember I'm human. I'm not perfect--that's God's job, not mine. Yes, stay calm, cool and collected, but also remember that crying and being angry sometimes is okay too. Disengage completely more often than not to keep your sanity. Don't sweat the small stuff or over think every situation and learn to just let things happen.

@epiphane
@trualityradio
Www.listen2diamond.com
7-9pm EST Thursdays

No comments:

Post a Comment